as seen in
For Non-US People
Click the button below to find out more about my globally relevant Move Abroad Master Class. It's for anyone, with any passport.
Welcome to The Great Escape!
Figuring out how to move abroad by myself in 2013 was emotionally taxing and financially difficult, but there's a better way! Thanks to my 10 years of experience abroad, I am here to help you build a better life abroad!
Does this sound like you?
- You want to follow your dreams of living abroad, but you don't know where to start.
- You're over the 9 to 5 and you want to pursue a career shift & travel more.
- You're worried about moving abroad without a job offer or that you'll make less money.
- You are disillusioned with the state of America and want to pursue alternative opportunities and ways of life.
- You want to pivot your career with a masters or PhD and want support when choosing a program, finding funding, etc.
Well you're not alone! My clients all have similar frustrations and this course is designed to launch your life abroad with meaningful academic and professional opportunities.
Hi, I’m Vanessa
For the last 10 years, I’ve moved to 4 different countries all on my own without the help of lawyers or a major corporation. Welcome to my Master Class!
The Great Escape Master Class isn’t about running away from your responsibilities. It’s about running full-speed towards your dreams. Opening borders means opening yourself to new and wonderful experiences.
How This Course Works
Reviews from Past Graduates!
Why Sign Up?
Insurance premiums are too high and life is too short! But here are a few specifics about what you'll learn:
- How to choose a new home country based on your values
- Strategies on budgeting and paying for your relocation
- A detailed overview of the Visa/Immigration application process (and what to do if your visa expires!)
- 'Digital Nomad' section with visas and tax info
- Tactical logistics support and immigration support
- Updated 'Find a Job Abroad' section with my CV template and proven methods
- Graduate with an end-to-end plan for your move abroad
- And so much more!
In the Live Classes, you'll be able to ask for feedback on all these things from me and your like-minded classmates.
Who is this course for?
Professionals interested in expanding their careers abroad, gathering experience for their CVs, and who are interested in a better quality of life. (Tech, Education, Medicine, Finance, etc)
Travelers interested in sustainable, long-term travel (1-2 years) in a foreign country via seasonal work or limited contracts. (Recent Graduates, Au Pairs, Students, Gap-Year, Backpackers)
Partners of Foreign Nationals
Partners of foreign nationals looking to join their partner or family member abroad. Everyone loves a love story!
Reviews from Past Graduates!
Graduate with a detailed 6-month Plan!
For the 'final exam,' you will give a short presentation to your small group on your exact end-to-end strategy. This is your opportunity to pull together all the pieces to help manifest your big move! Here's a recent student's presentation on her big more to Barcelona and some of the personal reasons behind her decision.
I host LIVE small group coaching to go over the materials, collaborate on difficult issues, and to support each other on this journey. It's also a great opportunity for you to ask questions LIVE!
The Live Classes are a FREE & complimentary bonus and you will be added to the next cohort after the date of purchase automatically.
Terms & Conditions: If you miss the live classes, you're not entitled to a free 121, discounts, etc as this is a complimentary add-on. If you're unable to attend any of the live classes during your cohort, please email me to be prioritized for the next cohort at no additional cost.
The live classes are 1.5 hours long and will be on Sundays from late mornings for PST and early afternoon for EST.
You will receive a Google Calendar invite & Zoom link from Vanessa 3-4 weeks before the classes begin. The invite already takes your timezone into consideration.
- Class 1: Sunday, July 23rd at 11 am PST/2pm ET
- Class 2: Sunday, July 30th at 11 am PST/2pm ET
- Class 3: Sunday, Aug 6th at 11 am PST/2pm ET
- Class 4: Sunday, Aug 13th at 11 am PST/2pm ET
- Final Exam: Sunday, Aug 20th at 11 am PST/2pm ET
As a reminder, these live classes are an added free bonus to the course. If you miss one, this does not mean you're entitled to a complimentary 121 session to recoup that missed class.
YES! The classes are recorded and you can replay them forever!
When Can I Sign Up?
Registration is open ALL YEAR. You can sign up whenever you're ready and then jump into 1 cohort of live classes whenever they fit your schedule.
How long is the course?
This is a 5 week course with 5 modules in total. Each module will have pre-recorded videos and written materials with simple, straight-forward homework.
Timed Content Release
I've scheduled for each week's course content to be released on a timer to ensure you're pacing yourself and have enough time to complete the homework. Every 7 days, a new module will open up!
Meet some Americans who have made it abroad!
Each module will open up with some advice and words of wisdom from people who have gone through the same process. After going through the same process, these incredible people have built a life abroad and they come from all different walks of life! They will help guide you through your move abroad journey and you can reach out to them on Instagram if you have any more questions.
Reviews from Past Graduates!
If Not Now, then When?
Perhaps the best part of moving abroad is living a life that is 100% authentically curated for you and your family. You get to choose where you go based on your values and live the life you always envisioned for yourself. Here's a look into a graduate's 6-month plan to move to Hong Kong with tons of personal details that are important to her.
- 'Why I Moved Abroad'... Stories from the Road (4:03)
- Where in the World (0:47)
- Values Exercise (0:40)
- Expat vs Immigrant
- Relocation Quiz + Inspiration (1:10)
- 'Advice to Others'.... Stories from the Road (4:14)
- Where is ‘American-friendly?’ (0:56)
- Cost of Living
- Life is a Highway (1:26)
- Week 1 Homework
Whether you're chasing financial or location independence, there's something here for everyone.